If you have a child with asthma, we have an Asthma Care Management Program that can help you manage your child’s asthma better.
Asthma is a disease that makes it hard to breathe. People with asthma:
- Are often short of breath.
- Make a whistling sound when they breathe.
- Have a tightness in their chest.
- Cough a lot, especially at night.
While asthma cannot be cured, it can be controlled. If your child has asthma, our program will help you:
- Identify things that cause an asthma attack.
- Know when an asthma attack is occurring soon enough to prevent serious complications.
- Get the right medicine and devices to prevent an attack.
- See your child’s doctor for treatment.
Please call our Asthma Care Manager at (866) 246-4359 if your child has asthma or you think they might have asthma. Be sure to call if your child:
- Has been in the hospital for asthma during the past year.
- Has been in the Emergency Room two or more times in the past six months for asthma.
- Has been in the doctor’s office three or more times in the past six months for asthma.
- Takes oral medications for asthma.
Remember – Asthma can be controlled so that your child can “Grow Healthy and Stay Healthy.”